CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3D Contouring - Loss of Accuracy - Follow-Up

Posted by Peter
on 2002-12-18 17:40:18 UTC
Hi Fred,

Your suggestion is one that only quite recently occurred to me, too. I
normally run in mm and usually run with 3 decimal places which gives me
0.001mm or 0.00004" resolution. I did try with 6 decimal places and
unfortunately got exactly the same error result. I agree with you
completely - experience often shows the problem is lurking somewhere
where we're not always looking. I'm totally open to suggestions and
constructive criticism if they help the cause.

I did spend quite a bit of time on the phone today with Art Volta at
Ability Systems (Indexer LPT/G-Code Controller) and he very patiently
went through a checklist of questions - and gave me some homework - some
additional tests for me to run. In his experience and based on my
description etc. he still suspects that it could either be noise related
or an incorrect or marginal timing problem in the step & direction
lines. Over the next couple of days, I will implement his suggested
circuit mods and see what happens. Be assured I will report my findings
- good or bad.

Cheers, Peter