CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Simplistic CNC Software.

Posted by j.guenther
on 2003-01-02 12:15:25 UTC
It seems to me that you can get close to this with just about any of the CNC
control programs available today. It won't be quite the same but you can do
it. I write most of my g-code by hand, although I am moving toward a CAM
solution to make life easier. What you are really looking for is
"conversational CNC" which has been discussed at length on this forum in the
past, but I don't think it really exists in a useable form yet. (I might be
wrong, but then what else is new?) You could use MDI mode in almost any of
the control programs to get close to the functionality you describe.

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia