CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Simplistic CNC Software.

on 2003-01-02 13:25:28 UTC
John,
What does MDI stand for?
Bruce Buchner

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "j.guenther"
<j.guenther@v...> wrote:
> It seems to me that you can get close to this with just about any
of the CNC
> control programs available today. It won't be quite the same but
you can do
> it. I write most of my g-code by hand, although I am moving toward
a CAM
> solution to make life easier. What you are really looking for is
> "conversational CNC" which has been discussed at length on this
forum in the
> past, but I don't think it really exists in a useable form yet. (I
might be
> wrong, but then what else is new?) You could use MDI mode in
almost any of
> the control programs to get close to the functionality you describe.
>
> John Guenther
> 'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
> Sterling, Virginia

operations? I
> > want to eliminate a lot of cranking with out necessarily designing
> > the part from the ground up in a CAD program.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bruce Buchner
> >

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > Moderator: jmelson@a... timg@k... [Moderator]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> > reach it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> > to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same
> > members are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the
CCED list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
> > POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
> > EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

buchnerb <buchnerb@y... 2003-01-02 11:58:45 UTC Simplistic CNC Software. j.guenther 2003-01-02 12:15:25 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Simplistic CNC Software. buchnerb <buchnerb@y... 2003-01-02 13:25:28 UTC Re: Simplistic CNC Software. Tim Goldstein 2003-01-02 13:37:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Simplistic CNC Software. j.guenther 2003-01-02 13:49:43 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Simplistic CNC Software. Brian 2003-01-02 16:48:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Simplistic CNC Software. bjammin@i... 2003-01-03 07:25:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Simplistic CNC Software.