CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motors missing steps

dvls333 wrote:

>Recently i have found a text about using the controller of a disk
>drive and use the included stepper motor from the parallel port
>I connect everything (i have 2 5,25" teac drives) first i tried the
>mastercontrol ez cnc free software but all i get is some jerky
>movement (just by opening the program) and vibration,then i tried
>turbocnc there everything seems to work fine i jog them cw ccw no
>problem until i realized that if i use the go to (g) command to some
>point and then return to the original position ther some steps
>missing if sent it to some distance it rotates well for two rounds
>then vibrate loose some steps and then for the last rounds it looks
>ok,also if run a dnc file that after a few small movements return to
>the original point, but it never returns.
>Please help, somebody, this is my first try i want to build an
>engraver.

It sounds like your maximum speed is set too high. Slow down, and it
should work
better.

dvls333 <dvls333@y... 2003-01-14 14:35:58 UTC stepper motors missing steps jeffalanp <xylotex@h... 2003-01-14 15:16:57 UTC Re: stepper motors missing steps Jon Elson 2003-01-14 18:37:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motors missing steps Vajk Fekete 2003-01-15 01:43:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motors missing steps