CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: macintosh links ?

on 2003-01-18 22:07:24 UTC
Hi,

I posted a message about the Macintosh earlier today and it seems to
have disappeared so I'll try here. Mac OS 10.2 is based on BSD Unix
with a window into a command line shell that has C, Ksh, Bourne and
Bash available. It's directory structure and stuff available appear to
be regular Unix and that is what Apple is touting it to be. My
question was had anyone tried EMC or another Unix or Linux product on
the Mac. I have inherited a dual processor G4 and it has a parallel
port so I was anxious to try using it for CNC. Any opinions?

Jim
On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 06:12 AM, ballendo
<ballendo@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The only CNC software I am aware of for the mac is Neil Gillies
> project at seagull technologies; and there was a man named Peter
> Ohler in the San Jose area around 1994 that had a product called
> cyberengraver. It required the use of a card from Dave Downs at TMG
> (the motion Group, also in San Jose)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ballendo
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ianemmerson <ian@e...>"
> <ian@e...> wrote:
>> Greetings to all,
>> Just been given 2 macintosh Classics.(cute little things)
>> both in a1 condition, wondered if i could use one to
>> control a single stepper size 23. anyone got any links
>> for software, hardware, or any info ? they are just the right
>> size to fit in my very cramped workshop,or perhaps i could
>> use the monitors with a PC.
>> grateful for any help
>> Ian.

> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
> it if you have trouble.

> a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
> THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

ianemmerson <ian@e... 2003-01-17 17:03:50 UTC macintosh links ? ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-01-18 03:12:19 UTC Re: macintosh links ? James C. Wilson 2003-01-18 22:07:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: macintosh links ?