CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PCB Milling bits in the UK

on 2003-01-20 19:13:00 UTC
Andy:
It's not in the UK but check out www.angelfire.com/az2/proff
about halfway down the page there are PCB cutters and spindles and
even a homemade machine. Maybe something could be worked out.

Paul Jones
CNC on a Budget

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "andy_gloomy <andys-yh@g...>"
<andys-yh@g...> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm rather new to this (and to the group), but I hope you can help.
> I'm putting together a small milling machine to use for PCB
milling.
> What I'm looking for is advice on what cutters/tools to use to do
the
> track isolation and the best place (in the UK) to get hold of these
> tools. So far I've been using 1mm carbide slot cutting tool and
> though this works well it is rather large for some layouts. From
> looking at other posts and web sites (the search engine for the
Yahoo
> groups seems really bad BTW), it seems that what I may need is some
> sort of cutter with a 60 degree angle to it. Presumably you then
> control the width of the cut by contolling the cut depth. Is this
the
> best way of doing things? Anyone any recommened UK based
suppliers...

> Many thanks
>
> Andy

Discussion Thread

andy_gloomy <andys-yh@g... 2003-01-20 09:06:30 UTC PCB Milling bits in the UK James Owens 2003-01-20 10:40:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCB Milling bits in the UK proff10 <paul_jones50@h... 2003-01-20 19:13:00 UTC Re: PCB Milling bits in the UK zestronad54529 <dpeter@n... 2003-01-20 20:29:29 UTC Re: PCB Milling bits in the UK