CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Torque when using Micro Step or Full Step

on 2003-02-02 17:53:03 UTC
Mariss,
The motor is brand new special made (spindle lengths) and guaranteed to be new because of that.
The spec. sheet only talks about Holding Torque and it's +- 10% so the 445 oz-in motor may already only be a 400 oz-in !
If Full step has an advantage at start up ( where my main problem is) If I used a control that allowed me to switch Full Step for startup and micro step for normal running, that may be a solution.
I'll consider that and see what I can come up with.
In Series mode this motor require 2.8Amp drive and I may be able to throw together a L6203/L297 circuit and do the Full Step/Half Step tomorrow.

I'll post results.
Best regards
Hans W