CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CMM Software

Posted by hllrsr@c...
on 2003-02-04 15:33:04 UTC
As Alan has quite nicely described the probe,(thanks Alan!) I would
suggest you check out TurboCNC as the software.
Extreme value for the money ($20 registration), and a nice piece of
software all round.
Usual disclaimers....
HTH
Iain

Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> You might check out the patent documentation. I understand that the
> patent might be running out?
>
> I believe to a simpler extent, that the MaxNC probe is of a similar
> design. As I suspect you're interested in making one, I'll describe the
> MaxNC probe.
>
> Basically, in the MaxNC, there is a triangular piece of PCB material
> connected to the probe. This piece is pressed (with a spring) against a
> round PCB with three 2-56 screws protruding through the board. The
> center of the round board has a hole that clears the long thin probe.
> The three contact pairs thus formed are connected in series. If the
> triangular board is tipped, then one or more pairs of contacts are
> opened, and this event (with a pull up resistor) is read into the PC on
> a parallel port line.
>
> For the Renishaw, there are three small spheres, and they bridge
> triangular shaped contact pairs, as I recall.
>
> I built my own (PCB style) probe. I even explored using some small
> bearings to more closely duplicate the Renishaw, but never got around to
> it.
>
> Contact me off list if you're interested in hearing more.
>
> Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

J 2003-02-04 06:25:17 UTC CMM Software Jon Elson 2003-02-04 10:29:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CMM Software Hans Wedemeyer 2003-02-04 13:55:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CMM Software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-02-04 14:27:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CMM Software hllrsr@c... 2003-02-04 15:33:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CMM Software