CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pneumatics on my spindle question

Posted by Jeff Goldberg
on 2003-02-24 04:20:24 UTC
What you say makes sense from some of the switches I see on the unit and the
old control box. Also the table seems to be a retrofit called the Position
Wizard made by Spindle Wizard, so they're involved somehow with the design.

I'm looking to see if any of the existing controls might handle changing the
tool (nothing is attached to the drawbar nut on the top of the Bridgeport 2J
head, but the brake and the spindle lock are covered by the pneumatic
linkages, so I'm not sure how to lock the head so I can loosen the drawbar)

I still can't see an easy way to change tools unless this stuff is involved
somehow. Also, do you think any of the following controls desirable and
salvageable in the context of using modern drives (API CMD-260's)?

The Spindle is equipped with a NEMA 42 stepper and has the following switch
labels:

Spindle
Brake
Clamp

Each has positions for Auto, off and manual

It also had a rotary micrometer dial (I guess to keep track of spindle
depth)

The control box has the following:

Feed Switch with positions: Rapid, feed, and auto (I'm guessing for Z axis)
Travel Switch with positions: Manual, single op, and auto (I'm guessing for
X, Y axis)
It also has two potentiometers labeled: Dwell, and % feed

By the way, thanks to all of you who offered advice last week about
rebuilding the power supply and appropriately wiring the steppers.
Everything seems to be working fine

Regards,
Jeff