CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC backplot

Posted by Paul
on 2003-03-09 08:00:21 UTC
Hi Ray

It *might* indeed be possible to get the non-realtime simulation code to work
under Windows with the current source code... But I suspect it would involve
considerably more work than it is worth - I know Don put in a lot of effort
just to get the remote GUI to compile.

For a simple backplotter, I don't think you'd need to go to all the trouble
of hacking EMC to run in a M$ environment. Parsing the G code file and
converting it in to a format that can be plotted should be fairly trivial.
Most programming languages that have a Draw or Plot function just require an
end point coordinate. G code files already contain this information, so all
that you'd need to do is to scale and shift the origin. Arcs would be the
only part that would need any real work to plot.

Regards, Paul.

--

The spamming scumbags have won - A new email account is now in use with a
mangled return address. Send replies to :

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2003-03-08 20:29:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2987 Paul 2003-03-09 08:00:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC backplot Tim Goldstein 2003-03-09 09:04:25 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC backplot Paul 2003-03-09 13:13:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC backplot pcfw 2003-03-09 15:29:11 UTC Re: EMC backplot