CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: resonance and controllers

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-02-25 13:05:19 UTC
Joel,

I think it is really much more complex that just interrupts. Matt Shaver and
Fred Proctor can probably provide some good input on this subject as they
have been working on a redesign of how EMC handles steppers and it has
greatly reduced the resonance issue. In this case it is on a real time
system so it is not an interrupt problem. From what I understand it has to
do with the spacing between the pulses and how the changes from pulses at
one frequency to another frequency are implemented.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

----- Original Message -----
From: Joel Jacobs <jj@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] resonance and controllers

> From: "Joel Jacobs" <jj@...>
>
> Some poorly written software fails to use the hardware timer and trys to
> program the delays between steps with software loops. The problem is that
> they don't dis-able interrupts to do the software loops so the timing gets
> all whacked out when the processor goes off to refresh the memory or
> something.
>
> Joel

Discussion Thread

Joe Vicars 2000-02-25 10:59:09 UTC resonance and controllers Joel Jacobs 2000-02-25 12:36:51 UTC Re: resonance and controllers Tim Goldstein 2000-02-25 13:05:19 UTC Re: resonance and controllers Darrell 2000-02-25 15:37:03 UTC Re: resonance and controllers Harrison, Doug 2000-02-28 06:18:25 UTC RE: resonance and controllers