CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pulse generator and tuning Gecko 320 drivers....

Posted by dakota8833
on 2003-03-12 06:50:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Monte Westlund"
<montejw@e...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...>
> wrote:
> > Is there something about using a controller program and a PC for
> this
> > that you do not like?
>
> No, that's not it. That's the easy part.

I know your goal is to tune with a scope. But if you messed with the
gain and dampening settings , rotate them counter clock wise. Note the
screwdriver slot edge at 7 o clock, then turn them clockwise to 10-11
for both. This is the factory setting that Marriss says works well. On
my machine I have the gain set a tad higher than the dampening. If you
can rotate the screw by hand, give it a quick twist and watch its
responce. You will see the same thing in the screw movement that you
will see with a scope. With the settings all the way off the responce
is pretty slow,easy to see. The trick though, scope or not, is how
quick of a responce do you want or need. High settings really stiffen
the machine, but can cause motor heating. Not to mention things get
noisier. I would say with high speed machining one would need stiff
settings, but for most of us the settings mentioned above are in the
ball park. To fine tune the relationship between gain and dampening a
scope would be the only way.

Frank

Discussion Thread

Monte Westlund 2003-03-11 22:43:03 UTC Pulse generator and tuning Gecko 320 drivers.... Tim Goldstein 2003-03-11 23:31:19 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pulse generator and tuning Gecko 320 drivers.... Monte Westlund 2003-03-12 06:04:32 UTC Re: Pulse generator and tuning Gecko 320 drivers.... dakota8833 2003-03-12 06:50:41 UTC Re: Pulse generator and tuning Gecko 320 drivers.... Tim Goldstein 2003-03-12 08:15:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pulse generator and tuning Gecko 320 drivers....