CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC retrofit using Bridgeport Power Supply?

Posted by rberryman2
on 2003-03-15 20:56:30 UTC
Thanks, Tim.

I've rewired the transformer, pulled out the reactors to make
a linear power supply, ripped out the controllers and logic
boards and now have a nice 56VDC for the Geckos.

The only casualty was one rectifier (which was easily replaced
from the obsolete 56V reference power supply).

I wonder how many folks kept the Bridgeport power supply
instead of replacing it.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...> wrote:
> > Do you think that 56V is sufficient to power the steppers?
>
> Before I switched to servos I was running a G210 with the stock stepper
> motors on Bridgett (Bridgeport Series II) at 24 vdc and it was good for
> about 50 ipm on X and Y. I then tried a about 60 vdc supply and was
> solid at 90 ipm. So if on ipm is good enough for you then 56 vdc should
> be just fine.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]
> Sherline products at Deep Discount
> Mach1 & DeskCNC with credit card ordering
> www.KTMarketing.com/Sherline
> Now selling Visual Mill

Discussion Thread

rberryman2 2003-03-14 20:28:34 UTC CNC retrofit using Bridgeport Power Supply? Tim Goldstein 2003-03-14 22:08:05 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC retrofit using Bridgeport Power Supply? rberryman2 2003-03-15 20:56:30 UTC Re: CNC retrofit using Bridgeport Power Supply? Joe Wantulok 2003-04-09 00:21:03 UTC Re: CNC retrofit using Bridgeport Power Supply?