CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: setting machine zero

Posted by pcfw
on 2003-03-20 16:13:19 UTC
"andrewyslee" <andrewlee@s...> wrote:

> After homing, say, to top right corner, one would need to set
machine
> zero. Once that is done, the machine envelope is set from (9,5,6)
> (18,10,0). After this, any attempt to jog in -x or -y direction
will
> be met with an error message "The machine is at the limit of travel
> in that direction"

The setting for machine envelope can be changed. Ate the pull-down
menu:
Configuration>Homing......
there are settings for the Home end. Set the X-axis Home End as
positive, ditto for the Y- and Z-axes. When this is done, the machine
envelope will be set from (0,0,0) to (9,5,6)

Peter

> Chris L <datac@l...> wrote:
>
> > You could pull off the top right switch scenario if you have
to....

> > By setting the top right as Machine Home, you can use a few
> different
> > methods to "drive" the table to the lower left corner where you
> could
> > set "Part 0" and machine away. After homing, Just Jog the machine
> > whereever your Part 0 location is and hit Program "Set".
>
> After homing, say, to top right corner, one would need to set
machine
> zero. Once that is done, the machine envelope is set from (9,5,6)
> (18,10,0). After this, any attempt to jog in -x or -y direction
will
> be met with an error message "The machine is at the limit of travel
> in that direction"
>
> Another would
> > be to use the G5x "fixture offset" functions. Correctly using the
> G5x
> > commands into the beginning of your toolpath, the machine could
go
> > that location on its own.
>
> Tried this:
>
> In the fixture offset table
> G-code X-offset Y-offset Z-offset
> G54 -8.5 -4.5 -5.0
> G55....
>
> G54 G90
> G01 X1 Y1
>
> Attempt to run this program will again result in an error message:
> "The toolpath for this G-code program goes outside the machine
> envelope in the following directions X-, Y-"
>
> One more technique would be to draw your stuff
> > in the correct quadrant, then move it into the negative quadrants
> > create the toolpath. Then the machine will run on the negative
> commands
> > to get the job done. "unconventional" maybe.... But it would work.
>
> > Now I hate to bring this up.....
> >
> > But, if you happen to not mind the long "drive", You could
actually
> use
> > Flashcuts Limit switch stepoff feature to move the machine
exactly
> 9"
> > negatively in X, and 5 inches negatively in Y. After a Homing
> sequence,
> > the machine would "walk" it's way out that far from your right
> mounted
> > switches, and set machine 0 at that point.
>
> I think this will also generate the out of machine envelope message.
>
> Hopefully there are some sherline owners out there who have fitted
> limit switches who can tell of their experience.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

Discussion Thread

andrewyslee 2003-03-14 08:30:16 UTC setting machine zero CL 2003-03-14 10:43:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] setting machine zero andrewyslee 2003-03-14 14:35:27 UTC Re: setting machine zero Chris L 2003-03-14 17:18:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: setting machine zero andrewyslee 2003-03-15 06:03:19 UTC Re: setting machine zero CL 2003-03-15 07:24:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: setting machine zero pcfw 2003-03-20 16:13:19 UTC Re: setting machine zero