CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: setting machine zero

Posted by andrewyslee
on 2003-03-15 06:03:19 UTC
Chris L <datac@l...> wrote:

> You could pull off the top right switch scenario if you have to....
>
> By setting the top right as Machine Home, you can use a few
different
> methods to "drive" the table to the lower left corner where you
could
> set "Part 0" and machine away. After homing, Just Jog the machine
> whereever your Part 0 location is and hit Program "Set".

After homing, say, to top right corner, one would need to set machine
zero. Once that is done, the machine envelope is set from (9,5,6) to
(18,10,0). After this, any attempt to jog in -x or -y direction will
be met with an error message "The machine is at the limit of travel
in that direction"

Another would
> be to use the G5x "fixture offset" functions. Correctly using the
G5x
> commands into the beginning of your toolpath, the machine could go
> that location on its own.

Tried this:

In the fixture offset table
G-code X-offset Y-offset Z-offset
G54 -8.5 -4.5 -5.0
G55....

G54 G90
G01 X1 Y1

Attempt to run this program will again result in an error message:
"The toolpath for this G-code program goes outside the machine
envelope in the following directions X-, Y-"

One more technique would be to draw your stuff
> in the correct quadrant, then move it into the negative quadrants
> create the toolpath. Then the machine will run on the negative
commands
> to get the job done. "unconventional" maybe.... But it would work.

> Now I hate to bring this up.....
>
> But, if you happen to not mind the long "drive", You could actually
use
> Flashcuts Limit switch stepoff feature to move the machine exactly
9"
> negatively in X, and 5 inches negatively in Y. After a Homing
sequence,
> the machine would "walk" it's way out that far from your right
mounted
> switches, and set machine 0 at that point.

I think this will also generate the out of machine envelope message.

Hopefully there are some sherline owners out there who have fitted
limit switches who can tell of their experience.

Thanks

Andrew

Discussion Thread

andrewyslee 2003-03-14 08:30:16 UTC setting machine zero CL 2003-03-14 10:43:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] setting machine zero andrewyslee 2003-03-14 14:35:27 UTC Re: setting machine zero Chris L 2003-03-14 17:18:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: setting machine zero andrewyslee 2003-03-15 06:03:19 UTC Re: setting machine zero CL 2003-03-15 07:24:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: setting machine zero pcfw 2003-03-20 16:13:19 UTC Re: setting machine zero