CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Building an EDM - switching

on 2003-04-04 20:10:21 UTC
Hi Geir,

Seems Richard is no where to be found.

As I understand the rumors, he is working on book # 2 complete with
wire EDM and possibly more circuits.

If I can guess, he will first do a series of articles then publish
the book. That would mean about a year after the first article.

Writers for some mags get $$ per article and his last set was 6.
since they come every 2 months, I'm expecting 12 months for the
series, then the book.

I am working on the circuit that uses a pair of MOSFET's and hope to
have some people with some expertise review it to make sure it is
workable.

I did notice that the switching transistors did not seem to have a
ground (or common-ground as we say on here) so as laid out, would not
work.

I figured on using a trio of photo-flash caps, 120uF so they could
be wired for 40uF, 80uF or 120uF.

Are you well versed in electronic circuits ?
Anybody else on the list well versed and want to review the
schematic ?

If you don't have the feed mechanism as yet, contact me off list, I
have a great design.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "insgeso" <soland@g...> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Does anyone know if (and then where and when) Robert Langlois have
> done any more research regarding the EDM modulator described in
> chapter 6 of his book Build an EDM.
>
> regards
>
> Geir Soland
> Norway

Discussion Thread

insgeso 2003-04-04 12:21:22 UTC Building an EDM turbulatordude 2003-04-04 20:10:21 UTC Re: Building an EDM - switching