CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help Needed: Error Feedback on Gecko G320

on 2003-04-05 10:19:51 UTC
Bryan:

I've replied to you via email offlist already, but for the
edification of the group here's the deal:

The Drive Enable outputs in TurboCNC are for drives (like the G201)
that need an external logic signal to turn them off and on. Some
users like to set that up to conserve power or prevent
overheating/hunting.

You want to connect the fault lines to an input pin on the port
(one of pins 10,11,12,13,15) and configure that to activate function
9, which is the Panic Stop input. Then, when the fault line
triggers, it'll have the same effect as if you had pressed ESC on the
keyboard.

Have fun!

Dave Kowalczyk
Everett WA

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "logiccooling"
<logiccooling@y...> wrote:
> I need help setting up the error feedback from the Gecko G320 to
> TurboCNC. I would like to pause the program whenever the gecko
> faults out. The Geckos have an Error/Reset pin that is +5VDC when
> functioning properly and 0V when faulted.
>
> I tried connecting this pin to the parallel port and configuring it
> in TurboCNC using the "Drive_Enable_X_(Output)" where X=1-3 for
the
> X,Y, and Z axes, respectively. I tried both State = Active High
and
> Active Low, but niether worked.
>
> Most likely I am just not setting things up correctly, so I figured
> would ask if it's possible to hook this up as I have described?---

Discussion Thread

logiccooling 2003-04-03 22:11:57 UTC Help Needed: Error Feedback on Gecko G320 Dave Kowalczyk 2003-04-05 10:19:51 UTC Re: Help Needed: Error Feedback on Gecko G320