CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: el-cheap trim routers modification

on 2003-04-07 06:36:53 UTC
I posted one picture in the photo's section.

photos-daves unit-grinder

It shows the grinder held in the Z-axis mount. I bolted that mount
onto a 1" square block and held that in my lathe's tool post.

This allows verticle centering for the grinder. alternatly, I could
have mounted in on a larger plate and mounted that plate on the cross
slide and not use the tool post.

I aligned the router holder so as to be perfectly aligned with the
lathe axis, then rotated the compound to 15 degrees.

Using the carrage feed to move the router across the grinding bit let
me remove the high spots. feed in was manual and in short order the
bore was ground smooth.

This was simple enought that I am considdering making another mount
so that I can use the grinder on the lathe for other work.

Dave

turbulatordude 2003-04-05 09:10:25 UTC el-cheap trim routers modification JanRwl@A... 2003-04-05 12:19:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] el-cheap trim routers modification Earl J. Morris 2003-04-05 18:45:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] el-cheap trim routers modification turbulatordude 2003-04-07 06:36:53 UTC Re: el-cheap trim routers modification