CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Glass scale problem

WDSmith wrote:

>Just a thought from far left field.... I wonder if the CD-ROM scratch repair
>goo would make a decent temporary... or even semi-permanent... repair to the
>glass scale?? Maybe even a thin coat of super glue. I would consider both of
>these thoughts "last gasp" measures. There is the possibility of changing
>the refraction index enough to cause complete malfunction as well as the
>possibility of a "magic solution."

Pretty unlikely. Changes in the index of refraction is not a big deal,
as there are really
no focussed optics in the readout scales. Superglue often produces a
white hazy film,
so you really don't want to use that. I haven't seen glass scales with
scratches in the
glass. I have seen some where the mechanism that controls the spacing
of the analyzer
(read head) to the main scale has worn out, and the two chrome gratings
have rubbed
together. When this happens, generally the scales are not repairable.

But, other alignment and contamination problems are fairly easily fixed.
Deterioration
of the light source is harder to fix, but some of them can be fixed.

WDSmith 2003-04-20 09:10:20 UTC Subject: Re: Glass scale problem Jon Elson 2003-04-20 12:34:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Glass scale problem tig415 2003-04-20 16:57:34 UTC Subject: Re: Glass scale problem Ed Fanta 2003-04-20 17:27:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Glass scale problem Jon Elson 2003-04-20 23:24:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Glass scale problem