CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill?

Posted by Bill Kichman
on 2003-05-01 15:18:05 UTC
Can anyone tell me what size minimum motor I will need to add CNC to my full
size Van Norman Model 12 milling machine? Can I use a 150 oz-in stepper and
gear it
down or will this be too slow or just too small? (Can you tell I have these
already in stock?) I suspect I will need a much larger servo motor? Thanks
for any input....

R. William Kichman, P.E.
Kichman Engineering Associates
103 Old Furnace Road
Cornwall, PA 17016-0643
tel/fax 717/270-0714
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Kichman" <billkichman@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 2:23 PM
Subject: Stepper Motor Requirements?

> > Thanks for any input.Can anyone tell me what size minimum motor I will
need to add CNC to my full
> size Van Norman Model 12 milling machine? Can I use a 150 oz-in and gear
it
> down?
> Bill K

OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Bill Kichman 2003-05-01 15:18:05 UTC Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill? Jon Elson 2003-05-01 22:43:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill? Jon Elson 2003-05-01 22:48:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill? jmkasunich 2003-05-02 05:50:24 UTC Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill? Bill Kichman 2003-05-02 14:18:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill? Mariss Freimanis 2003-05-02 18:52:26 UTC Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill? Bill Kichman 2003-05-05 12:06:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill? Jon Elson 2003-05-05 22:54:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van Norman #12 mill?