CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo as a Spindle - Mariss?

on 2003-05-04 22:30:05 UTC
Hi onecooltoolfool;

If you have a servo that performs well for tapping why not leave it in
place and use it for variable speed operation as needed? There is
not a great deal of difference between a PWM drive and a servo drive.
In fact I know of many instances where servos have been used for spindle
drives, you do have to make sure that the controller is capable of
handling velocity control.

There are a number of places to go for low power motors. Try bodine,
compumotor, pittman, and a host of others.

Dave