CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: fun with moglice

on 2003-05-15 05:39:08 UTC
Hi Al,

if you purchase threded rod from a store, try to run some tissue
paper along it. the paper will get shredded.

store bought threaded rod is terrible as far as surface finsh goes.
and it will chew up the plastics like Moglice.

I am not sure how lone or what dia you need, but ENCO has ACME for
$10.17 for a 6 ft lenght.

If you want to use store bought, don't get galvanized that looks like
crap. some coatings are really lumpy.

and run a die along the length at least twice to clean up any high
spots from it banging around.

then mount your drill on the bench and chuck up the rod and slowly
turn it. as you are turning it, use your fingernail and a piece of
paper towel and remove the excess oils AND feel for bad spots. hand
file those. Remember, the high spots will chew up the plastics of
your moulded nuts.

One other thing about molding your nuts, if the rod is really bad,
you may not be able to remove it. remember, the highs and lows will
be precision fitted by the cure of the Moglice. the release agents
are ultra thin. I think I'd look at spining them before the stuff
got really hard, not much, but just like once around to keep it a
little free.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "cadcamclub"
<cadcamclub@y...> wrote:

> h+Moglice&.src=gr&.view=
>
> Nice way to construct drive nuts!!!!
>
> Are those moglice drive nuts still giving good service?
>
> If I drill 2 perpendicular holes in a block of aluminium, then a
> pocket in the middle of the block, then purchase 2 threaded rod
from
> the hardware store, spray release agents onto the threaded rods,
then
> put them into the drilled holed, then plug up the holes, then pour
> moglice into the pocket, will I have a serviceable saddle that I
can
> use with stainless steel guide rods purchased from the hardware
store?

> Perhaps I can also cast serviceable bearings/bushes for those guide
> rods with moglice?
>
> Comments please and thanks
>
> Al

Discussion Thread

cadcamclub 2003-05-14 18:52:07 UTC fun with moglice cadcamclub 2003-05-14 19:04:33 UTC Re: fun with moglice turbulatordude 2003-05-15 05:39:08 UTC Re: fun with moglice doug98105 2003-05-15 06:10:40 UTC Re: fun with moglice