CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: fun with moglice

Posted by doug98105
on 2003-05-15 06:10:40 UTC
Dave,

For good quality threaded rod buy the stuff labeled B7. It's much
better quality than the regular mild steel rod. I believe it's
alloy steel or at least higher carbon than mild steel.

The thread is rolled and very smooth.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<davemucha@j...> wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> if you purchase threded rod from a store, try to run some tissue
> paper along it. the paper will get shredded.
>
> store bought threaded rod is terrible as far as surface finsh
goes.
> and it will chew up the plastics like Moglice.
>
> I am not sure how lone or what dia you need, but ENCO has ACME for
> $10.17 for a 6 ft lenght.
>
> If you want to use store bought, don't get galvanized that looks
like
> crap. some coatings are really lumpy.
>
> and run a die along the length at least twice to clean up any high
> spots from it banging around.
>
> then mount your drill on the bench and chuck up the rod and slowly
> turn it. as you are turning it, use your fingernail and a piece
of
> paper towel and remove the excess oils AND feel for bad spots.
hand
> file those. Remember, the high spots will chew up the plastics of
> your moulded nuts.
>
> One other thing about molding your nuts, if the rod is really bad,
> you may not be able to remove it. remember, the highs and lows
will
> be precision fitted by the cure of the Moglice. the release agents
> are ultra thin. I think I'd look at spining them before the stuff
> got really hard, not much, but just like once around to keep it a
> little free.
>
> Dave
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "cadcamclub"
> <cadcamclub@y...> wrote:

> > h+Moglice&.src=gr&.view=
> >
> > Nice way to construct drive nuts!!!!
> >
> > Are those moglice drive nuts still giving good service?
> >
> > If I drill 2 perpendicular holes in a block of aluminium, then a
> > pocket in the middle of the block, then purchase 2 threaded rod
> from
> > the hardware store, spray release agents onto the threaded rods,
> then
> > put them into the drilled holed, then plug up the holes, then
pour
> > moglice into the pocket, will I have a serviceable saddle that I
> can
> > use with stainless steel guide rods purchased from the hardware
> store?
> >
> > Perhaps I can also cast serviceable bearings/bushes for those
guide
> > rods with moglice?
> >
> > Comments please and thanks
> >
> > Al

Discussion Thread

cadcamclub 2003-05-14 18:52:07 UTC fun with moglice cadcamclub 2003-05-14 19:04:33 UTC Re: fun with moglice turbulatordude 2003-05-15 05:39:08 UTC Re: fun with moglice doug98105 2003-05-15 06:10:40 UTC Re: fun with moglice