CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Servo to Go

Bill Kichman wrote:

>I have a general question, as I saw this topic fly by....
>I am gearing up (not only figuratively either) to convert my hobby full size
>Van Norman mill to CNC, and haven't settled on a controller package just
>yet. I will be using brush servos for the 3 axes. But I happened upon the
>Servo to Go website and was amazed to see the ISA bus, A/D I/O card
>manufactured by IBM (at least in my case) , which I just happened to have
>purchased abot 14 years ago on a whim and never used, which appears to be
>identical to the card these guys are using (mine cost about $200 back then
>just for reference)
>Anyway, I see a reference to EMC software, can I please get some response as
>to whether this is a useable setup for a typical CNC setup, i.e. is it tried
>and true or would I be a Beta test guinea pig using this setup?
>Are there many of you out there using this setup, and are there any other
>software packages that work with this hardware?

Well, I've been using EMC since 1998, and won't use any other! So far,
I don't know
of any other software for CNC that uses the STG card.

You should see http://www.linuxcnc.org/ if you haven't seen it yet.

Bill Kichman 2003-05-27 20:07:20 UTC EMC and Servo to Go Matt Shaver 2003-05-27 21:16:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Servo to Go Jon Elson 2003-05-27 22:56:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Servo to Go R Petersen 2003-05-28 06:21:38 UTC turbulatordude 2003-05-28 07:29:37 UTC retrofitting a Bridgeport