CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Scratch CNC Mill

Posted by forumtvm
on 2003-05-30 07:48:12 UTC
"the_1person" <zacharygoff@h...> wrote:

> high school C++ training :). I'm accessing the ports directly
using
> _outp, but Windows seems to be interupting the flow of data every 3
> seconds, upon which the 2 phase steppers (from old printers) give a
> buzzing noise for half a second or so. Anyone know what this could
> be and how to fix it?

Not an expert, but many have mentioned controller problems under
Windows. Some wizards like art of Master5 and Mach1 and Mach2 fame
www.artofcnc.ca
appear to have liked the problem, others like
Flashcutcnc have approached this problem by exporting the pulse
generating function to an external signal generator

So too has DeskWinCNC and DeskCNC

I am no programmer, but would C++ worked as well from a pure DOS
environment? If so, that might solve the problem

Pete

Discussion Thread

the_1person 2003-05-29 22:50:43 UTC Scratch CNC Mill forumtvm 2003-05-30 07:48:12 UTC Re: Scratch CNC Mill vrsculptor 2003-05-30 07:59:44 UTC Re: Scratch CNC Mill