CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Questions about add-in parallel port card

mrgamber wrote:

>I have an ITE887 add in card.
>
>1. I have had my controller "blow" my motherboard twice. I added this
>card in the hopes of blowing it up if I have a problem vs the
>motherboard. Yes/No?

I think you need to find out why your motherboard is getting
blown out! Something is VERY wrong in your installation.
Don't trust anything! Check for outlets with bad grounds,
loose connections in your circuit breaker panel, etc.
I've been connecting special devices to computer parallel
ports since the late 1970's and have NEVER blown out
a parallel port, ever!

If your grounds and 120 V wiring are OK, you have to look into your
'controller', and see if there is some incorrect connection between
the power side and the control side. What type of motot drivers
are you using? Are they opto-isolated at the command inputs?
If not, maybe you should put an opto-isolator on each input to
protect the computer.

mrgamber 2003-06-03 08:02:21 UTC Questions about add-in parallel port card Jon Elson 2003-06-03 09:17:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Questions about add-in parallel port card turbulatordude 2003-06-03 09:33:06 UTC Re: Questions about add-in parallel port card