CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam Crusader 2

tylerwsmith869 wrote:

>I bought an old lagun milling machine with a three axis Anilam
>Crusader 2 control unit. I found several components burnt out, and
>replaced them, but the unit still does not properly work. I would
>like to replace the crusader 2 unit with a pc based unit, utilizing
>my existing servo motors and digital readout sending units. Has
>anyone had any experience with this? I've heard of companies that
>create such systems, but I've yet to find them. Any help would be
>greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend EMC, and possibly Gecko 320 servo drives. Does the machine
have handwheels? The Gecko drives don't normally provide position feedback
to the CNC computer, so you lose the DRO capability when in manual mode.
If the servo amps are shot, you might want to use Copley Controls servo
amps,
and either the Servo-to-Go card or my (Pico Systems) PPMC servo motion
card set. I don't know what your budget is for this retrofit, so it is
hard to
know what level you are looking at.

If the machine has resolvers instead of encoders, it makes the job a bit
more
expensive.

tylerwsmith869 2003-06-11 21:10:33 UTC Anilam Crusader 2 Jon Elson 2003-06-11 21:47:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam Crusader 2 Larry Ragan 2003-06-12 09:29:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam Crusader 2 Tyler Smith 2003-06-19 00:36:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam Crusader 2 Larry Ragan 2003-06-19 16:05:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam Crusader 2