CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with servo amps.

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 2003-06-17 23:12:57 UTC
On Wednesday 18 June 2003 01:20, Jon Elson wrote:
> Quale, Robert wrote:
> >I got my boss apart. The servo amps are on boards num 1937997 and all
> >connected together on a mother board. Then the last slot has a board in
> >it that must give voltage info to the amp. All the boards say Bridgeport
> > on them.
>
> Do these say NC400 on them, somewhere? I have some pretty detailed info
> on the NC400 servo amp system. That is what is in an R2E3 BOSS.

Jon,

I think these are the amps made by Bridgeport. They're like big cards with
aluminum frames that plug into a backplane, and have big screw terminal
blocks (tan in color IIRC) on the front edge of the card that connect to the
motors through large contactors (like I showed you at NAMES), and to the
servo power supply. The board assembly in the rightmost slot of the card cage
is a combination power supply and tach filter/scaling circuit that services
the three amp cards to its left (this was the circuit that gave me fits in my
V2E3). I've got the schematics for all this, but I can't remember off hand if
they're voltage controlled or PWM controlled by the motion control (FMDC)
board in the Bridgeport "E" control. If they're voltage controlled, it would
be interesting to see if you could interface these to a STG card, or your
PPMC boards. I think the original poster is going to use Mach1 so he'll need
to use a step & direction compatible amp which probably won't have tach
feedback. I'm interested to see what results he gets running large servos
(also like the ones I showed you at NAMES).

Matt

Discussion Thread

Quale, Robert 2003-06-17 17:59:26 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with servo amps. Jon Elson 2003-06-17 22:21:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with servo amps. Matt Shaver 2003-06-17 23:12:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with servo amps.