CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC w/ steppers&xylotex

kdntool wrote:

>MLI (momentary lapse of intelligence)on my part. I had two cables and
>a gender changer in line from the computer to the drivers. Removed
>one cable and re-wired the gender changer for the cross-over. Now it
>is working correctly. One more question though: is there a way to
>limit the max speed in the software? As it sits now I need to run
>the "axis speed" at 1 and the "feed overide" at 15 so the motors do
>not stall. Or is there a way to establish a ramp up to speed as it
>seems the motors start out at full speed (not much of a ramp if any).
>I am not looking for a super fast production machine "YET".

That means you are running at 15% of 1 IPM? Yikes, that's slow!
The acceleration parameters in the .ini file should be reduced, try
about 2.0 to start with. That is user units/second^2

Are you sure you have the scale parameters set right, ie. that one inch
on the screen moves one inch on the machine?

The max speed is set by the max_velocity parameter in the .ini file.
It is in user units (usually inches in the US) per SECOND.

kdntool 2003-06-19 07:26:34 UTC EMC w/ steppers&xylotex Tim Goldstein 2003-06-19 07:43:40 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC w/ steppers&xylotex Jon Elson 2003-06-19 09:49:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC w/ steppers&xylotex