CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Two Ballnut adjuster fitting?

Posted by mayfieldtm
on 2003-06-25 07:47:29 UTC
Here is a Web Page that shows how to machine
an Anti-Backlash Nut for Ballnuts.

http://www.mmanrow.20m.com/anti_backlash_nuts.htm

On my Browser, some of the Plans are hidden under
the Photos. Needs a little hacking.

Tom M.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Torsten" <torsten@g...>
wrote:
> I am trying to save some money by making
> a Backlash free Ballscrew setup with two
> regular Ballnuts.
> Now I need to design a adjuster fitting that
> will go inbetween the two Nuts and allow then
> to be adjusted to take up the backlash.
> Preferably also with some spring action to
> account for possible pitch errors on the screw.
> May first attempts would probably work but
> they are somewhat complicated and timeconsuming
> to build.
> Has anybody figured out something that works and
> is resonably simple?
> Any Ideas wellcome.

Discussion Thread

Torsten 2003-06-24 22:03:51 UTC Two Ballnut adjuster fitting? mayfieldtm 2003-06-25 07:47:29 UTC Re: Two Ballnut adjuster fitting? Kim Lux 2003-06-25 08:00:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Two Ballnut adjuster fitting?": anti backlash Dan Mauch 2003-06-25 14:50:32 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Two Ballnut adjuster fitting?