CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Two Ballnut adjuster fitting?

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2003-06-25 14:50:32 UTC
I did. I took two ball nuts. I oriented one so that the 15/16" thread
would screw into the drive nut. The other ball nut was installed back to
back against the first ballnut but with out the balls in it. I then
loaded the balls ( I find it easy to do) and then sligly turned the
ballnut one way to adjust the slop to zero. I then ran the ballnut back
and forth to make sure it was consistent. Last I tack welld the junction
between the two ballnuts to lock it there. If you want I can email you a
picture.
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Torsten [mailto:torsten@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 10:04 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Two Ballnut adjuster fitting?

I am trying to save some money by making
a Backlash free Ballscrew setup with two
regular Ballnuts.
Now I need to design a adjuster fitting that
will go inbetween the two Nuts and allow then
to be adjusted to take up the backlash.
Preferably also with some spring action to
account for possible pitch errors on the screw.
May first attempts would probably work but
they are somewhat complicated and timeconsuming
to build.
Has anybody figured out something that works and
is resonably simple?
Any Ideas wellcome.

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill
List Mom List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Torsten 2003-06-24 22:03:51 UTC Two Ballnut adjuster fitting? mayfieldtm 2003-06-25 07:47:29 UTC Re: Two Ballnut adjuster fitting? Kim Lux 2003-06-25 08:00:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Two Ballnut adjuster fitting?": anti backlash Dan Mauch 2003-06-25 14:50:32 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Two Ballnut adjuster fitting?