CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help with flashcut !

Posted by Peter R
on 2003-07-15 05:56:15 UTC
Hi Jeff,

Check the last few posts to this newsgroup - I posted a link to the JR
Kerr website. He is the supplier of your servo drivers and the SSQ
software. I'm surprised you're having this trouble from Flashcut but
you might send the same file you modified, along with the 4-axis file
and a description of your problem and what steps you've taken and that
you've now got two axes working etc. I've only dealt with Jeffrey Kerr
on a couple of occaisions but he was very helpful and should be able to
assist you. I have an older JR Kerr system on my small mill/drill (with
NEMA34 size motors) and it has never missed a beat in 3 years - although
one motor drive died and was repplaced by FC under warranty. Just maybe
one of your axes has died and that's why it won't talk?

As you are getting servo errors - are you sure your motors are correctly
sized for your system? Have you direct coupled them or are you using
belt reductions to better match speed/torque? I realise that a Sherline
shouldn't require much power to move the table but either the PID
settings are way off or your motors are underpowered. Let us know how
you make out.

Cheers, Peter