CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inaccessible milling?

Posted by ccq@x...
on 2003-07-19 14:02:13 UTC
You're welcome, Bill;

Note that even with a U-Head, though, you are limited by:

1. The diameter of the hole, (how much head movement).
2, Tool axis travel, (the lengthwise movement of the spindle, if the head has
this feature).
3. You're still likely to get rounded corners, with an internal, "plus sign",
shape.

Your best bet would be to mill it out to spec, and then bolt a face plate onto
it. If great accuracy is desired, I would bore the hole last, before removing
the workpiece from the clamps. Other procedures work, too, but this way would
tend to minimize having to re-measure it all.

Just a few thoughts.....

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!
An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured | All matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by COLT; | -- Max Planck | weapon sell his
hand = Freedom | DIAL | In the beginning was the | garment and buy a
on every side! | 1911-A1. | word. -- The Bible | sword.--Jesus Christ

Constitutional Government is dead; LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

Bill Kichman 2003-07-18 19:56:36 UTC Inaccessible milling? Harvey White 2003-07-18 20:12:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inaccessible milling? Charles Hixon 2003-07-18 20:46:12 UTC Re: Inaccessible milling? Jerry Kimberlin 2003-07-18 21:28:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inaccessible milling? Sven Peter 2003-07-18 21:29:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inaccessible milling? ccq@x... 2003-07-18 22:03:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inaccessible milling? Bill Kichman 2003-07-19 08:01:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inaccessible milling? ccq@x... 2003-07-19 14:02:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inaccessible milling?