CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45

Posted by dro_guy
on 2003-07-25 21:31:29 UTC
Hello,

In the machine tool business, the Birmingham name is associated with
CP Tools. They import machine tools and sell them to distributors and
catalog houses. I looked in my sales book and could not find the
model you spoke of. That only means that it is not in my book.
The web site address is http://www.cptools.com
Call them and they should be able to answer all your questions.

Regards,

Tim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "sinecyan" <sinecyan@y...>
wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm new to this group, and of course have questions. How does the
> Rong Fu rf-45 compare to the Birmingham YRF-45? The reason I ask is
> because I recently ordered the Rong Fu, but I received the
Birmingham
> clone by mistake. I am preparing to send it back, but thought that
> would ask you guys for some advice first.
>
> I have read much about the Rong fu, but had never even heard of the
> Birmingham mill-drill version. Is the Rong Fu superior in quality
and
> rigidity to the Birmingham, or are there no significant
difference?
> How much SHOULD the YRF-45 cost new? Also, the Birmingham is
> apparently made in Taiwan - is this correct?
>
> One obvious difference is that the Birmingham comes with a morse
> taper (3 or 4MT, not sure exactly which) while the Rong Fu is R8.
> This seems to be a big hassle, since it seems that morse taper
tools
> are less common and therefore more expensive than R8. Does anybody
> know where I could get a female R8 spindle part that I could use to
> replace the morse spindle that is currently installed in the head
of
> this milldrill? Or, is replacing this part a real pain to do? I
have
> not had luck locating a Birmingham replacement parts website.
>
> The plan is to convert this mill to cnc, so if any of you reading
> this have done so already, please drop me a line if you have a
moment
> to share some of your successes and mistakes with me.
>
> Thank you!

Discussion Thread

sinecyan 2003-07-24 23:56:02 UTC Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45 David A. Frantz 2003-07-25 02:34:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45 Torsten 2003-07-25 03:35:24 UTC Re: Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45 turbulatordude 2003-07-25 07:39:47 UTC Re: Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45 Jon Elson 2003-07-25 10:08:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45 Jon Elson 2003-07-25 10:16:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45 dro_guy 2003-07-25 21:31:29 UTC Re: Rong Fu RF-45 versus Birmingham YRF-45