CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

[CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Universal CNC Controller HSM 1/2003+

Posted by J.T. Travis
on 2003-08-01 11:28:09 UTC
Ray,
Thanks for the info about the mounting holes. I figured they were
for some option that I probably wouldn't need. Roland did a great
job with his design; I really like the idea of enclosing everything
in a industrial enclosure. My shop is pretty damp (Louisiana - 100%
humidity most of the time, but rarely below 50 degrees, so I don't
have the discomfort in the winter you deal with) so sealing the unit
up appeals to me. I've even used sealed plugs for the connections
between the enclosure and the steppers. I keep rust at bay by
keeping things closed up and putting in a small warming device (7.5w
night light bulb or gun safe "golden rod", depending on the size of
the enclosure).

Anyone considering building a CNC controller system that they would
like to be flexible, expandable, and universally adaptable should
consider his plans. He has left room for almost any option you could
desire.

Sorry about the miscommunication over the computer. You did give a
good price and I should have re-sent my email regarding payment. I
knew you were tied up with NAMES and the new BDI release so I didn't
want to be a pest. I went ahead and ordered the idot 1Ghz machine, I
hope I can get EMC running, may have to hire you to help....

Regards,
Joe Travis

--
J. T. Travis
1911_fan@...

Discussion Thread

jacoby01 2003-07-27 06:41:29 UTC Universal CNC Controller HSM 1/2003+ caudlet 2003-07-27 08:00:12 UTC Re: Universal CNC Controller HSM 1/2003+ J.T. Travis 2003-07-28 06:41:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Universal CNC Controller HSM 1/2003+ John Guenther 2003-07-28 08:03:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Universal CNC Controller HSM 1/2003+ rehenry@u... 2003-07-28 12:27:31 UTC Re: Universal CNC Controller HSM 1/2003+ J.T. Travis 2003-08-01 11:28:09 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Universal CNC Controller HSM 1/2003+