CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: VFD for EDM

on 2003-08-05 10:32:43 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "w4zmb77" <sjo47@j...> wrote:
> Hi,
> Was wondering if anyone knows if an edm can be run successfully on
> VFD.Okay,if it is possible,the catch is,I have a Charmilles D-10
that
> the name tag says 18 amps 220v 3 phase.
>
> The vfd I have max outputs at 12 amp 220v 3 phase.The question
is,do
> you think this would work out as long as I stay away from the high
> amp burns?
>
> I plan on using the edm max cutting amps at no more than 1
> amp,probably more like 1/2 amp for the job I bought it for.The
total
> power draw for the pumps is no more than 6 amps or so.
>
> Sure appreciate any advise!
> -Steve

Hi Steve, you are talking about a 3 phase output with each phase
isolated from one another. are you sure that each phase can reject
the output without dumping it to ground ?

It does sound interesting and I will be eager to find out what your
experiance will be.

Dave

Discussion Thread

w4zmb77 2003-08-05 07:13:44 UTC VFD for EDM turbulatordude 2003-08-05 10:32:43 UTC Re: VFD for EDM Jon Elson 2003-08-05 10:51:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VFD for EDM turbulatordude 2003-08-05 14:11:11 UTC Re: VFD for EDM