CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DIY DRO Kit Update

Posted by sshumate
on 2003-08-05 19:44:54 UTC
I would have to think about it in greater depth but it might be
possible with a software change and a few PCB tweaks. The scale
inputs use level translating buffers that take the 1.5V digital
input from the Chinese scales and shifts it up to 5V. That would
have to be changed to whatever the quadrature encoders use. This
would probably be a blue wire and resistor change.

The software might be a little tricky to read three encoders at the
same time and guarantee that you do not miss one. I'll noodle on it
a bit.

Scott

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@s...>
wrote:

> One feature that you may want to implement is to use standard
quadrature
> encoders. If implementeed then the linear encoders from US digital
> could also used with different cables and different software.
> Dan

Discussion Thread

sshumate 2003-08-05 00:22:58 UTC DIY DRO Kit Update Vince Negrete 2003-08-05 03:12:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DIY DRO Kit Update sshumate 2003-08-05 14:02:43 UTC Re: DIY DRO Kit Update Dan Mauch 2003-08-05 15:35:50 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DIY DRO Kit Update Vince Negrete 2003-08-05 16:46:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DIY DRO Kit Update sshumate 2003-08-05 19:44:54 UTC Re: DIY DRO Kit Update kooloosj 2003-08-08 22:00:01 UTC Re: DIY DRO Kit Update