CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution?

Posted by rainnea
on 2003-08-10 01:10:18 UTC
It would be pretty straight forward with a Taig if you can get their
CNC parts, ie. leadscrews and motor mounts. I bought a manual Taig
and retrofitted these parts, but you may be able to get hold of a CNC-
Ready Taig.
my 5-axis Mill is here;
http://www.rainnea.com/cnc_5axisMill.htm

The software is something I started developing when I discovered the
price of decent commercial CAM software and I already owned 3DS MAX,
if you're already familiar with MAX then you should find it able to
do the parts you've described.

Regards,

Rab

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "chainsawbobala" <hirez@h...>
wrote:
> Thanks,
> That definately gives hope to my cause,
> So you'd say this is possible with some of the recent Taig
> mini-mills equipment? Does your solution open the
> possibilities for a mill? I saw your link, it has the router table
set
> up with it.. And the cam software, is that something you've been
> working on or something commercially availabe? I do like that
> it's 3DmaxCompatable, since I do have quite a few years in the
> 3D modeling and rendering world under my belt. You'd never
> guess how many DXF files I've had to fix for production
> purposes.
> Thanks again,
> -Will-
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "rainnea"
> <rainnea@b...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's fairly straight-forward and quite cheap to build your own if
> you
> > get a CNC-ready Taig mill and two CNC-ready Sherline rotary
> tables.
> > 5 stepper motors, controllers, a power supply, a computer and
> Mach2
> > and you're pretty much there. This is pretty much what I did,
> along
> > with the CAM side to generate the 5-axis G-Code.
> >
> > Rab Gordon
> >
> > http://www.rainnea.com/cnc.htm
> >

> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com,
> "chainsawbobala" <hirez@h...>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi ,
> > > I've been looking online for some answers to a good 4-5
> axis
> > > desktop CNC solution. I've found the Microtek minimill with
> an
> > > added option to put the 4th axis , and the Taig solution also,
> and
> > > the Sherline based system .
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a good 4 to 5 axis system out there
> thats
> > > fairly priced? Or someone that's working on it?
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Wm-

Discussion Thread

chainsawbobala 2003-08-07 22:07:47 UTC Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-08 09:38:28 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? Jon Elson 2003-08-08 10:34:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? chainsawbobala 2003-08-10 00:52:02 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? chainsawbobala 2003-08-10 00:52:27 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-10 01:10:18 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? chainsawbobala 2003-08-12 19:25:06 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-13 04:09:44 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? Bill Kichman 2003-08-13 12:50:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-13 13:25:02 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution?