CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution?

on 2003-08-12 19:25:06 UTC
Rab,
You are my hero, thanks alot . If you get a chance and if possible
, could I get a parts list to make a set-up similiar to yours? or if it
would be better pay you for some unofficial plans for it? ,
whichever you prefer. I'd be more than willing to go with, since
this is some thing I'd like to make, or purchase.
Thanks so much for all the info.
-Will-
oh , think it'd be possible to replace the lead screws with ball
screws?
-WM-
Drop an e-mail to will@... if you can .. Thnx.

> It would be pretty straight forward with a Taig if you can get their
> CNC parts, ie. leadscrews and motor mounts. I bought a
manual Taig
> and retrofitted these parts, but you may be able to get hold of a
CNC-
> Ready Taig.
> my 5-axis Mill is here;
> http://www.rainnea.com/cnc_5axisMill.htm
>
> The software is something I started developing when I
discovered the

"chainsawbobala" <hirez@h...>
> wrote:
> > Thanks,
> > That definately gives hope to my cause,
> > So you'd say this is possible with some of the recent Taig
> > mini-mills equipment? Does your solution open the
> > possibilities for a mill? I saw your link, it has the router table
> set
> > up with it.. And the cam software, is that something you've
been
> > working on or something commercially availabe? I do like
that
> > it's 3DmaxCompatable, since I do have quite a few years in
the
> > 3D modeling and rendering world under my belt. You'd never
> > guess how many DXF files I've had to fix for production
> > purposes.
> > Thanks again,
> > -Will-
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "rainnea"
> > <rainnea@b...> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > it's fairly straight-forward and quite cheap to build your own
if
> > you
> > > get a CNC-ready Taig mill and two CNC-ready Sherline
rotary
> > tables.
> > > 5 stepper motors, controllers, a power supply, a computer
and
> > Mach2
> > > and you're pretty much there. This is pretty much what I did,
> > along
> > > with the CAM side to generate the 5-axis G-Code.
> > >
> > > Rab Gordon
> > >
> > > http://www.rainnea.com/cnc.htm
> > >

> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com,
> > axis
> > an
> > and

> > thats

Discussion Thread

chainsawbobala 2003-08-07 22:07:47 UTC Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-08 09:38:28 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? Jon Elson 2003-08-08 10:34:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? chainsawbobala 2003-08-10 00:52:02 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? chainsawbobala 2003-08-10 00:52:27 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-10 01:10:18 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? chainsawbobala 2003-08-12 19:25:06 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-13 04:09:44 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? Bill Kichman 2003-08-13 12:50:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution? rainnea 2003-08-13 13:25:02 UTC Re: Can anyone recomend a 4-5 axis desktop CNC solution?