CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans???

Posted by Vince Negrete
on 2003-08-13 09:13:51 UTC
I have to repeat this question since I know somebody has info but I'm
guessin missed my post:

If, anyone else has a good dimensional drawing for an End
Bearing/Nut assy, that would work well with a 1.125" 5-tpi Ballscrew
installed on a Bridgeport Style Knee-Mill I'd appreciate the info! The
idea here is to adapt a proven Concept before I make a mistake incorrectly
cutting the Ballscrews.... (a very expensive mistake)

If I dont have the Terminology of the end-mount correct maybe this will help
explain what I'm looking for:
It mounts on the end of the Ballscrew affixing it to the Mill.
Y-Axis should have One preloaded mountpoint typically with one bearing block
assy., and X-Axis should have two bearing block assy's with one side
preloaded. Maybe its my use of the word Preloaded that is confusing
things.. My
terminology might be messed up.

The design would determine the cuts needed to modify my Ballscrew ends for
refit onto the Mill.

Thanks
Vince