CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EDM Rotation speed - intro to edm links

on 2003-08-13 10:30:49 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Vince Negrete"
<vnegrete@r...> wrote:
> For EDM?
> I still havent seen how that stuff works. Are there any reference
> material I can read up on to get a good understanding Dave?
> What I'd really like to see is a video of it in operation.
>
> Vince

The best into is a review of Jon Elson's page. very simple
explanation.

Jon Elson's Mini-EDM
http://pico-systems.com/edm.html

and for more into data, get a copy of the langolis book and/or the
other build an edm book, both are on e-bay for a good price.

Dan has plans, although I have not reviewed them, as I understand,
his plans get good reviews and his plans were the only ones with wire
as a design.

videos on his site.

plans for sinker and wire
http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/

Many people read the langolis book build a complete unit from that.

I think the other e-bay book is similar, just don't get the one with
patents. all that book has is pages of patents, no engineering
notes. interesting for the more advanced, but not a intro level.

and if you build, realize that EDM is a very very slow process. a
one inch drill can remove a cubic inch of metal in under a minute.
it could take 4 hours to bore a 1/8 inch hole, 1" deep with EDM.

The nice thing is that while it is working, you can clean up the
shop, hang those shelves and paint the place.

Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2003-08-13 09:05:24 UTC EDM Rotation speed Vince Negrete 2003-08-13 09:17:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM Rotation speed turbulatordude 2003-08-13 10:30:49 UTC Re: EDM Rotation speed - intro to edm links Richard 2003-08-13 10:35:37 UTC Re: EDM Rotation speed turbulatordude 2003-08-13 12:50:07 UTC Re: EDM Rotation speed tomp_tag 2003-08-13 17:16:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EDM Rotation speed Jon Elson 2003-08-13 22:36:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EDM Rotation speed