CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans???

Vince Negrete wrote:

>I have to repeat this question since I know somebody has info but I'm
>guessin missed my post:
>
>If, anyone else has a good dimensional drawing for an End
>Bearing/Nut assy, that would work well with a 1.125" 5-tpi Ballscrew
>installed on a Bridgeport Style Knee-Mill I'd appreciate the info! The
>idea here is to adapt a proven Concept before I make a mistake incorrectly
>cutting the Ballscrews.... (a very expensive mistake)

If the ballscrew will fit in the original bearings on the right-end bracket,
you should be able to use that bracket as is. As for mounting the motor,
you can make an adaptor that fits into the countersinks in the bracket
for the socket head screws. One common method is to turn tubes, or even
buy steel tube with an ID suited for the screws, and an OD to fit the
countersunk holes. You screw allthread into the holes in the table, slide
the bracket on, slide the tubes over the allthread, and then mount the motor
plate on the allthread. It can have slots, so belt tension can be adjusted.
Finally, it is all locked in place with some nuts.

A very similar arrangement can be used on the Y axis.

>If I dont have the Terminology of the end-mount correct maybe this will help
>explain what I'm looking for:
>It mounts on the end of the Ballscrew affixing it to the Mill.
>Y-Axis should have One preloaded mountpoint typically with one bearing block
>assy., and X-Axis should have two bearing block assy's with one side
>preloaded. Maybe its my use of the word Preloaded that is confusing
>things.. My
>terminology might be messed up.
>
>The design would determine the cuts needed to modify my Ballscrew ends for
>refit onto the Mill.

If your screws are not yet machined, then just machine them to have the same
dimensions as the existing Acme screws, and they certainly will fit the
existing
brackets. At least on a "real" Bridgeport, the right-end X bracket, and
the Y
bracket have a pair of angular contact bearings preloaded against each
other.
(They might actually be deep-groove radial bearings, but they have been
selected to perform properly in this application.)

Jon Elson 2003-08-13 21:58:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-14 02:16:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Jon Elson 2003-08-14 10:12:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? John Guenther 2003-08-14 10:35:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Kim Lux 2003-08-14 10:48:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-15 02:44:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans???