CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] freqmod, what is it?

Posted by John Guenther
on 2003-08-16 17:43:06 UTC
I run freqmod with 4 CMD-260 drivers on my system with no problems and get
good performance. I am using CMD-260 drivers set for 2000 steps per rev
with 20 tpi lead screws which is 40000 steps per inch. This gives me very
smooth performance with freqmod and acceptable performance with steppermod.
You need to make sure the emc.ini files has STEPPING_TYPE variable set to 0
for step and direction drivers. You will also need to have OUTPUT_SCALE and
INPUT_SCALE set to the same values. If I can be of any help, please email
me off list and I will see what I can do.

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia