CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Parallel port power increase

on 2003-08-27 21:07:58 UTC
Randy,

1.5V doesn't sound right at all for an output. It does sound about
right for an input though.

Are you using a scope to read the output? A voltmeter will average a
digital output to its mean value. Try toggling the direction output;
a meter will give a truer reading then.

If you read 0V and 5V then it's a true TTL output. If it reads 0V and
3.3V then it is not and will need a buffer.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "m0nkey0ne" <m0nkey0ne@y...>
wrote:
> Hi all, I have to start a new chain here on my project. I have my
> M57-102 Compumotor and Driver connected to port 2 through 5 on my
> parallel port on my laptop. I have a .dll file in my systems
folder
> and call it from a program I am building on VB6. The motor is
> receiving a signal because it moves slighty as instructed, however
> the port is not going high, only to about 1.5 volts. Is there a
> schematic for using MOSFETs or iso-optical transistors, (I only
have
> a vague idea of what the heck I'm talking about), that will send
> higher voltage from a higher powered source? I expect to use a 5 V
DC
> power source so shouldn't need the circuitry to control that.
>
> Thanks in advance. And keep up the good work....there is a lot of
> wisdom in these pages. Thanks, Randy

Discussion Thread

m0nkey0ne 2003-08-27 19:52:12 UTC Parallel port power increase Mariss Freimanis 2003-08-27 21:07:58 UTC Re: Parallel port power increase Jon Elson 2003-08-27 22:34:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parallel port power increase Jon Elson 2003-08-28 10:25:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Parallel port power increase