CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Relief carvings

Posted by ccq@x...
on 2003-08-27 23:16:48 UTC
Hi Don;

On Wed Aug 27 19:23:37 2003 d_bobzien wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm getting very close to completing my cnc router table and was
>wondering what software is out there that will let me scan an image
>and convert to g code. Is there a lot of code manipulation needed to
>get a quality carving? I'm hoping there is something out there that
>works good and doesn?t cost an arm and leg ($500 or less)... after all
>this is a hobby.
>
>I have played a little with demo version of Master5 to get my motors
>turning and that seems pretty straight forward. How well does the jpg
>conversion to g code work for what I described above.
>
>Also what type/size of router bit works best for relief carvings?
>Thanks for your input.
>Regards,
>Don

You'll want something capable of working with layers on the software end, but as
to what bits to use, it's probably your best bet to try various sizes for
various effects, and be mostly using the equivalent of center cutting
ball endmills. Those are the ones you can use to _slowly_ drill downwards, and
then side cut with. Some of the ball endmills are only good for side cuting.

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead; LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

d_bobzien 2003-08-27 22:02:47 UTC Relief carvings ccq@x... 2003-08-27 23:16:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Relief carvings Fred Smith 2003-08-28 07:00:41 UTC Re: Relief carvings robgrzesek 2003-08-28 08:54:20 UTC Re: Relief carvings Matt Shaver 2003-08-30 08:02:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Relief carvings