CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: HTD belts and pulleys: transmission

on 2003-09-06 11:26:13 UTC
Salvador,

Certain Olham, bellows, and helical beam couplers can
work very well if properly selected for backlash and
wind-up torque.

Solid couplers have the advantage of economy. Some of
the other types can be quite expensive.

As I mentioned solid couplers require very accurate motor
mounting unless the motor is light enough to be cantelevered out
but constrained only radially.

This of course assumes that your motors have the proper torque
and speed for direct drive.

Les

Leslie M.Watts
L M Watts Furniture