CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: please reccomend some DNC software with following protocol

Posted by washcomp
on 2003-09-09 05:01:15 UTC
Asim:

If you are looking for communication software (rather than NC
software), you might try checking out a software package called
Procomm Plus (Published by Symantec). It's expensive ($149 list
price), but its been around a long time and will do most jobs you can
think of over RS-232. Back in ancient times (1980's) when everything
was done by serial port, there were loads of emultion and control
packages around. Most have died off, but if your local computer
store has been around for a long time, they probably have
some "obsolete" serial communication software they will give you just
to clear it off their shelves. The other alternative is to read some
operating system manuals from DOS and Win 3.1. I think I remember
that you could set up the included terminal software (Hyperterm) to
do this back then.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Asim Khan" <asimtec@y...>
wrote:
> Hi group
> I have a cnc milling machine named TRIAC. I need to send program
> block by block to this machine via some dnc software installed on a
> PC via RS232 port. This machine has some special requirement for
its
> protocol. It uses three wires Rx Tx and GND for
> its RS232 communication.
>
> The protocol of the machine requires an STX character (0x2) before
> each block and a CR character after the block. The machine starts
> executing the block as soon as the CR character it receives. And
The
> machine sends the ACK character (0x6) when it finihes executing the
> block.
>
> Therefor the DNC software must wait for this ACK character before
> sending the next block.
>
> I need some software that can send programs to the machine
according
> to this above mentioned protocol.
>
> Please reccomend any DNC software that can be configured to run with
> this protocol.
>
> Best regards
> Asim

Discussion Thread

Asim Khan 2003-09-09 04:15:06 UTC please reccomend some DNC software with following protocol washcomp 2003-09-09 05:01:15 UTC Re: please reccomend some DNC software with following protocol James Cullins 2003-09-09 05:15:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: please reccomend some DNC software with following protocol illya 2003-09-09 05:50:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] please reccomend some DNC software with following protocol Michael Milligan 2003-09-09 07:46:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] please reccomend some DNC software with following protocol