CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine

on 2003-09-11 11:44:42 UTC
If you can get to any of the larger Hammrfest he used to always be there selling
subscriptions for 5.00 a year. I always subscribed back when I went to those shows. I
know I saw him at Dayton and Baltimore. At those prices it well worthwhile for even one
article per year.

Does anyone know if he still does the Hamfeast specials?
Garry

To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>
Date sent: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:31:43 -0700
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine
Send reply to: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

> Hi Bill,
>
> Dan's articles in N&V a while back would be useful to have (I'd even
> like to get a full set of those issues).
>
> Other then that, I don't think a subscription based solely on an
> interest in CNC would be justified. Better to read the past postings
> to THIS and a few other lists!
>
> If your are interested in Sherline, then as you probably know, there
> is the Sherline list and my SherlineCNC list. There is also a Taig
> list, and mini mill/lathe lists as well!
>
> Yeah, we need our OWN MAGAZINE!
>
> Alan KM6VV
> SherlineCNC
>

> Wkuehsel@... wrote:
> >
> > In searching their website I found that Nut and Volts Magazine ran
> > at least one series of articles on CNC and the retrofit of a desktop
> > milling machine. Is anyone familiar with the series and is
> > worthwhile to obtain the 4 back issues at $5.00 each? Also, is it
> > worthwhile for me to subscribe to Nuts and Volts given my CAD/CAM
> > CNC interests? Frankly, I am new to this although I have been doing
> > model engineering for years, and have a complete metal working shop
> > as well as 40 years experience in the computer field. So, I would
> > like to get a good baseline and have confidence in what I am doing,
> > i.e., plan out and execute the program without flying blind. Will
> > Nuts and Volts help establish this baseline?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bill Kuehsel
> > Cold Spring, NY
> >
> > AT HOME WITH COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL (CNC) — PART 1 - Dan Mauch
> > This article will explain the concepts of CNC and will be the first
> > step in automating the home workshop
> >
> > THREE-AXIS CHOPPER, STEP MOTOR CONTROLLER FOR COMPUTER NUMERICAL
> > CONTROL (CNC) APPLICATIONS — PART 2 - Dan Mauch This month, we
> > build our three-axis, two-amp driver and do initial check-out so the
> > controls are ready for our machine to be converted to CNC
> >
> > THREE-AXIS CHOPPER, STEP MOTOR CONTROLLER FOR COMPUTER NUMERICAL
> > CONTROL (CNC) APPLICATIONS — PART 3 - Dan Mauch Configure,
> > connect, adjust, and test the three-axis chopper driver built in
> > last month’s artic
> >
> > THREE-AXIS CHOPPER, STEP MOTOR CONTROLLER FOR COMPUTER NUMERICAL
> > CONTROL (CNC) APPLICATIONS — PART 4 - Dan Mauch Retrofitting a
> > desktop milling machine for CNC

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > wanliker@..., timg@... Moderator:
> > pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators] URL to this
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> > reach it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> > be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> > there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> [...]

Discussion Thread

Wkuehsel@a... 2003-09-11 07:45:59 UTC Nuts and Volts Magazine wanliker@a... 2003-09-11 09:17:00 UTC Nuts and Volts Magazine Dan Mauch 2003-09-11 09:25:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-09-11 11:32:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine Garry & Maxine Foster 2003-09-11 11:44:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine Steven Ciciora 2003-09-11 11:49:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine Wkuehsel@a... 2003-09-11 22:35:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine Dan Mauch 2003-09-12 06:49:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine David A. Frantz 2003-09-16 22:51:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Nuts and Volts Magazine