CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] $20 servo motors with encoders

Posted by bfp
on 2000-03-22 23:24:38 UTC
these are the same motors that Jameco has been selling lately
http://www.jameco.com/cfm/viewdesc.cfm?part_num=169210
data sheet with connector pinouts is at
ftp://ftp.jameco.com/jameco/data_sheets-motors_servo/169210.pdf
I picked up 4 of em without noticing the brushless bit(jameco didn't mention
it in their catalog) so I've been giving myself an education on brushless
motor
control,servo amps,etc
there are several BLDC control chips to chose from
Unitrode UC3626 or UC3625 sold by Texas instruments
http://www.ti.com/sc/docs/products/analog/uc3625.html
Motorola MC33035
Allegro A3932SEQ or A3933SEQ(both drive high side mosfets directly)
the unitrode & motorola chips will drive low side n-ch fets direct but
need a high side driver to switch high side n-ch fets
all of these chips run in the $4-$6 range
I've been working on a BLDC servo amp design based on the UC3625
with an intersil hip4086 mosfet driver and will open source it when its done
(I don't have the temperament to be a good salesman)
I should have a preliminary schematic ready to post later this week
if anyone has any advise or comments on this just let me know
it would be appreciated
(I'm not an EE BTW)

Brian

ref digest 348,350,351,352 +some others
> From: Doug Fortune <pentam@...>
>
> I found some $20 servo motors with encoders,
> problem is they are brushless and I don't know of
> any hobby-type (ie inexpensive) brushless servo driver boards:
>
> SKC Shinano Kenshi Corp. # LA052-040. 40
> Watt brushless servo motor and 6 channel
> encoder. 24 Vdc , 3000 RPM motor. 3.471" long x
> 2.13" diameter. 2.125" square mounting flange.
> 0.31" (8mm) diameter shaft x 0.85" long. 20" leads
> (.pdf docs there too).
>
> Here's the link if anyone can figure out how to use them:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-
DCM-139.html?L+scstore+fjyx1041ff889f88+960048375

> Please let me know if someone knows of a kit or a circuit
> to drive them.
>
> Doug Fortune
> pentam@...

Discussion Thread

bfp 2000-03-22 23:24:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] $20 servo motors with encoders