CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: breakout board question

on 2003-09-14 18:10:04 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ja_erickson"
<ja_erickson@y...> wrote:
> Evening,
>
> I have the need to construct a breakout board for my
> parallel port and game port. are opto-couplers the best way
> to go for isolating the ports , i've read elsewhere
> that they are slow ? can anyone tell me what components
> or ratings that i would need? i'm using geckos, so i
> believe these units are already isolated.
> i know there are suppliers already out there , but
> i just dont have the bux
>
> thanks
> jeff

opto's for the inputs like home switches.

Gecko's already supplied with them so redundancy is not a benefit.

A simple darlington and some small relays and you are set. the relay
isolate the board from anything else.

of, if you find cheap electronic relays that will work, that is a
great find.

Dave

Discussion Thread

ja_erickson 2003-09-14 17:31:53 UTC breakout board question turbulatordude 2003-09-14 18:10:04 UTC Re: breakout board question ja_erickson 2003-09-14 18:33:05 UTC Re: breakout board question ja_erickson 2003-09-14 18:33:38 UTC Re: breakout board question